BioM: Briggs, Valida (Sept. 9, 1944)
Surnames: Briggs, Hintz, Bartsch, Grottke, Stefen, Renne, Adler
----Source: Millie Lee’s Collection of News Articles
EVERETT RENNE, BRIDE to RESIDE in MARSHFIELD
Perform Ceremony on Saturday at Chili
September 9, 1944
At a double ring ceremony performed at the Evangelical Church at Chili, Sept 9, at 2 p.m., Miss Valida BRIGGS, Kenosha, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William BRIGGS, of Big Stone Lake, SD, became the bride of Everett RENNE, son of Mr. and Mrs. R.A. RENNE, Chili. The Rev. S.A. Gutknecht officiated and Miss Virginia HINTZ, organist, was soloist with "Be Thou Our Guide," Miss Evelyn BARTSCH sang "I Love You Truly."
The bride, who was given in marriage by the groom’s father, wore a white brocaded satin gown fashioned with long tight sleeves, a sweetheart neckline, and full skirt ending in a long train. A headdress of orange blossoms held her long veil edged with lace and she wore a locket, a gift of the groom. Her bouquet was an arrangement of white gladiolas and pink dahlias.
Miss Leila BRIGGS, who served as her sister’s maid of honor, wore a frock of blue taffeta and chiffon and a matching veiled headdress. Bridesmaid was Miss Margaret BARTSCH, Chili, a niece of the groom, in a pink taffeta and marquisette frock and matching headdress. Both carried bouquets of pink and white gladioli.
Clarence MENKE, and David GROTTKE, both of Granton, attended the groom.
Following the nuptial ceremony, a 6 o’clock supper was served to 16 guests at the home o the groom’s sister, Mrs. Oscar BARTSCH, Chili. The room was decorated in a pink, blue and white color scheme and a large wedding cake formed the centerpiece at the table. Mrs. Geneva STEFFEN and Miss HINTZ waited on tables. A shower and wedding dance was held in the Chili Hall that night.
The young couple will reside in Marshfield where the groom is employed by Adler’s Bakery Co. Mrs. Renne had been employed by Coopers Inc., at Kenosha.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs