BioM: Sanger, Mildred (Sept 15, 1945)
Surnames: Sanger, Faber, Heinz, Roehl, Spiegelberg, Schmitz, Donneerbauer, Verhasselt, Opelt, Carlson, Holtman, Fenwood, Gaulke, Seegar, Deils, Neumueller
----Source: Millie Lee’s Collection of News Articles
September 15, 1945
Wearing a white wedding gown, Miss Mildred SANGER, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ernest SANGER, of Chili, became the bride of Norman FABER, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ludwig FABER, Granton. The double ring ceremony was read Sept. 15, at 2 p.m., in the Zion Lutheran Church in the Town of Fremont with the Rev. Edgar Milleville officiating. Mrs. Milleville was organist and Miss Virginia HEINZ sang "O Perfect Love" and "The Lord’s Prayer."
Gladioli and dahlias banked the church altar and flower bows marked the family pews.
The bride’s gown was designed with a sheer eyelet bodice distinguished with a sweetheart neckline and long sleeves coming to points over the wrists. The full ninon skirt extended into a long train and a rhinestone tiara held her full-length veil of illusion edged with lace and appliquéd with flowers. She carried an arm bouquet of salmon-colored Picardy gladioli.
Mrs. Alvin ROEHL, who served as her sister’s matron of honor, wore a pink sheer ninon frock styled with a shirred bodice, bracelet with blue roses cascading down the side. She carried scarlet gladioli tied with blue ribbon.
Bridesmaids were Miss Lila ROEHL, Chili, and Mrs. Robert SPIEGELBERG, Rockford, IL, in blue dresses. They carried yellow and rose-colored gladioli tied with pink ribbons.
Alvin ROEHL was best man and Russell SCHMITZ, Spencer, and Robert SPIEGELBERT, Bkr., first class, U.S. Navy, were groomsmen.
Both Mrs. SANGER and Mrs. FABER, mothers of the bride and the groom, wore navy dresses and corsages of asters and mums.
Covers were laid for 90 guests at the 7 o’clock dinner served at the SANGER home under a canopy of pink, blue, and white streamers and white wedding bells. A large three tier wedding cake topped with the miniature bride and groom ornament centered the table. In the evening a wedding dance was held in the Granton Opera House.
After a week’s wedding trip in the northern Wisconsin the couple is now at home on the FABER farm near Granton.
The bride, a graduate of the Marshfield High School with the class of 1942, and of Central State Teachers College in 1944, taught in a rural school north of Loyal last year. Mr. Faber, a graduate of the Granton High School with the class of 1941, is engaged in farming.
Out-of-town guests included Mrs. Fred DONNERBAUER, Antigo; Mrs. Al VERHASSELT, Phlox; Mrs. Leona FABER and family, Goodrich; Mr. and Mrs. Norman OPELT and family, Madison; Mr. and Mrs. Clifford CARLSON, Fall River; Mr. and Mrs. Carl HOLTMAN and family, Fenwood; Mr. and Mrs. Clarence GAULKE and family, Milwaukee; Miss Margaret SEEGAR, Wausau; Mr. and Mrs. Frank DEILS, and Mr. and Mrs. Adolph NEUMUELLER and son, George, Medford.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs