BioM: Darst, Dorothy (1932)
Surnames: Darst, Peaslee, Wilkin, Carr, Speake, Crawford, Engleman
----Source: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 12 May 1932
Darst, Dorothy (Marriage - 4 May 1932)
A quiet wedding took place last Wednesday, May 4, at 2 p.m., in the home of Rev. and Mrs. S. R. Wilkin, 2619 Grafton avenue, Dallas, Texas, at which time Miss Dorothy Darst, Abington, Illinois, and Frank H. Peaslee, Granton, Wis., were united in marriage.
Mrs. S. E. Wilkin, aunt of the bride, played "Melody of Love," by Engleman, as the wedding party took their places before an improvised altar decorated with yucca candelabra, honeysuckle and bluebonnet, the Texas flower. The double ring ceremony was used.
The bride wore a flowered frock of blue and white silk and carried a bouquet of pink roses and bluebonnets. The bride’s mother attended her. She wore a dark blue embroidered georgette dress with a corsage of pink roses.
Guests were Mrs. Elizabeth Carr, Miss Mae Speake, and Homer G. Crawford, D. C., former school acquaintance of the couple; all of Dallas.
The bride is the oldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. W. M. Darst. She graduated from the Abingdon schools and was employed for three years as stenographer by the Abindon Sanitary Mfg. Co. In the fall of 1929 she resigned to enter the Palmer School of Chiropractic, Davenport, Iowa completing the course there in May, 1931.
The groom is the second son of Mr. and Mrs. T. W. Peaslee, Granton, Wis. He has attended Wisconsin schools and Taylor University at Upland, Indiana. In 1927he began the study of Chiropractic at the Pacific College of Chiropractic at Portland, Oregon. In 1928 he entered the Palmer School of Chiropractic where he graduated in February, 1930.
Immediately following the ceremony Dr. and Mrs. Peaslee left for a camping trip on the Brazos River near Glenrose, Texas. After may 15 they will conduct a practice near Dallas.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs