Obit: Tanner, Rowene L. (1922 - 1980)
Contact: Ken Wood
Surnames: TANNER HAPPE LATOURELLE
----Source: MARSHFIELD NEWS HERALD (Marshfield, Wood Co., Wis.) 06/20/1980, P.13
Tanner, Rowene L. (27 FEB 1922 - 19 JUN 1980)
Mrs. Gilbert L. (Rowene L.) Tanner, 58, of 3610 Tamarack Dr., Eau Claire, a Clark County native, died Thursday morning at Sacred Heart Hospital, Eau Claire.
The former Rowene L. Happe graduated in 1943 from the University of Wis.-Stout, Menomonie, with a B. S. degree in home economics. She taught at schools in Loyal, Edgerton, Black Earth and Eau Claire.
Mrs. Tanner was active in church and civic affairs in Eau Claire. She was volunteer coordinator at Luther Hospital several years, also serving on its board of directors, and was state president of Volunteer Coordinators Association.
In 1973, she was named director of parish education at Grace Lutheran Church. She was on the board of directors of Sunburst Home for Children, chairman of American Lutheran Church (A.L.C.)Northern Wisconsin District Education Board on A.L.C. Northern Wisconsin Conference Education Board on A.L.C. Eau Claire Conference Executive Committee, on original steering committee of Cummuniversity, on board of directors of Eau Claire Family Service Board, and an honorary member of Beta Sigma Phi.
Surviving are her husband, Gilbert, whom she married June 1, 1946 at Chili; a daughter, Susan T. Latourelle, Richmond, Va.; a son, Thomas L., Orlando, Fla.; her mother, Lottie Happe, and a brother, Ronald Happe, both of Chili. Her father, William, and brother, Harlan, are deceased.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Grace Lutheran Church. Burial, with committal rites, will be at 3 p.m. Saturday at United Methodist Cemetery at Chili. Friends may call from 4-9 p.m. today at Lenmark-Gomsrud Funeral Home, Eau Claire, and an hour prior to services Saturday at the church.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs