BioM: Schrader, Hilda (1923)
Surnames: RAU SCHRADER HOFFMAN GISOTELL
----Source: DORCHESTER/ABBOTSFORD CLARION (Dorchester, Clark Co, WI) 06/22/1923
Schrader, Hilda (20 JUN 1923)
At two o'clock Wednesday afternoon Willard Rau, youngest son of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Rau, and Miss Hilda Schrader, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Oscar Schrader, were united in the holy bonds of matrimony at the St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church by Rev. V. M. Keiper.
The bridal couple was attended by Otto and Odelia Schrader, brother and sister of the bride, Edward Hoffman and Miss Loretta Gisotell, of Park Falls. Following the ceremony at the church, the bridal party autoed to Medford for a wedding picture at the Dake Studio.
A sumptuous wedding dinner was served at 5 o'clock at the home of the bride's parents to a large number of relatives and friends.
Among those from out of town to attend the festivities were Mr. and Mrs. Charles Shanklin of Amherst, Mr. and Mrs. Gisotell and daughter, Loretta, of Park Falls, Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Luedecke, Sr., and Mrs. Gustav Luedecke, and Mr. and Mrs. Soltzvodel of Medford, and Mr. and Mrs. Rudolph Dombrove and Mr. and Mrs. Henry Martens of Abbotsford.
After the wedding dinner was served they all adjourned to Albert Nixdorf's granery for a wedding dance. There were between 400 and 500 at the dance and everybody was there for a good time.
At midnight a supper was served at Schrader's to all the guests and the storm at about 2 o'clock frightened them so they left or you couldn't tell they might have waited for daylight as they were having such a wonderful time.
The band went out and serenaded them and as they had excellent music for dancing it was a real musical evening. All Dorchester people know both Willard and Hilda and all their excellent qualities and join us in offering best wishes for a happy life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs