BioM: Hawks, Florence (1923)
Surnames: HAWKS BOSKUIL INGERSOLL
----Source: DORCHESTER/ABBOTSFORD CLARION (Dorchester, Clark Co, WI) 07/13/1923
Hawks, Florence (20 JUN 1923)
Friends of Miss Florence Hawks, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ira Hawks of Abbotsford, will be interested to hear of her marriage to Mr. Jess B. Voskuil of Baldwin, Wis., on Wednesday, June 20th, at the home of the bride's parents at Abbotsford. The ceremony was performed by Rev. Jorgenson of Gilman, and the couple was attended by Miss Ruth Ingersoll and Donald Hawks, brother of the bride.
The bride was prettily attired in beautiful embroidered organdy.
The wedding was a very pretty quiet home affair and immediately after the ceremony a delicious wedding dinner was served during which some of the younger guests busied themselves and when Mr. and Mrs. Voskuil beheld their car in which they were to make their trip to Succor Lake near Baldwin, they saw no less than four signs with "Just Married" printed in large black letters, fastened on all sides of the car. Besides there numerous streamers of gay colored crepe paper ribbons. Shortly they left in their gaily trimmed car and promised to leave it decorated for the afternoon. The bride is well and favorably known by people in this community and her host of friends join in wishing her joy. Mr. Voskuil spent a few months in and around Curtiss, making many friends during his short stay, who join in congratulating him. Mr. and Mrs. Voskuil left to spend a week at Succor Lake after which they will reside at Baldwin, where Mr. Voskuil is employed.
The following guests were present: Mr. and Mrs. Ed Green and family of Curtiss, Mr. and Mrs. Emmett Hawks and son of Curtiss, Miss May Skidmore and Miss Lizzie Skidmore of Holway, Miss Ruth Ingersoll of Abbotsford, and Mr. Dennis Voskuil of Baldwin.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs