Obit: Jingle, Rose (1908 - 2003)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
----Source: Banner Journal (Some added family information inserted by Dolores Mohr Kenyon.)
Rose Jingle, 94, of Town of Dewhurst, died Saturday, Jan. 4, 2003, at Black River Memorial Hospital, Black River Falls.
Rose was born on August 7, 1908, in Cicero, IL to parents, Kasmir and Katherine (Kosmala) Novak. She worked at Revere Camera in Chicago for several years and at the Inwood in Hatfield for over 10 years. She married Walter Jingle, Sr. on May 23, 1931, in Chicago, IL and they lived in the Town of Dewhurst, in two residences, since 1957. First in the old Pickett place on Gaylard Rd and then in the house they purchased in the early 1970’s and remodeled that was Rose’s grandparents home at one time. After her husband’s death, Rose continued to live at the home place until a few months before her death, when she was living at Pine View Care Center at Black River Falls.
Rose’s favorite pastimes were, being around her family and she also enjoyed flower gardening.
Rose, is survived by one son, Walter Jingle, Jr., of Merrillan,; three daughters, Darlene (Donald) Ariel of Chicago, IL, Peggy (LeRoy) Johnson of Countryside, IL, and Rose Marie Jingle of Round Lake, IL; 12 grandchildren; many great grandchildren and three great great-grandchildren. Besides her husband, Rose, was preceded in death by her parents, brothers, Chester, Walter, Stanley, an infant brother and by sisters, Clara and Mary.
Funeral services for Rose Jingle were at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2003, at the United Methodist Church, Merrillan, with Rev. Meg Erickson officiating. Burial took place in the Oakwood Cemetery, Merrillan.
Casket bearers were grandsons, LeRoy, Jeffrey, Dale and Terry Johnson, Robert and James Ariel, and Mark Jingle.
Funeral arrangements were made by the Jensen-Modjeski Funeral Home of Hixton, WI.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs