Obit: Schnabel, Harold E. (1918 - 2004)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) Dec. 8, 2004
HAROLD E. SCHNABEL
Harold E Schnabel, 86, of Warner, SD, died Sunday, Nov. 28, at Avera St. Luke’s Hospital, Aberdeen, SD.
Harold was born May 25, 1918, to Alfred and Lena (Lepke) Schnabel. He was born and raised in Neillsville. In 1946, he married Emma (Pat) Raethz, of Cresbard, SD. They lived in the Scandinavian area and in Aberdeen before making their home in Warner, in 1958.
Harold worked various jobs before hiring on as an engineer for the Milwaukee Railroad in 1947. He held the office position of president of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers for several years. He retired in 1982. Harold loved the railroad and would often tell stories about it, as it was a big part of his life. He became a resident of the Aberdeen Living Center in 2002, where he continued to reside until the time of his death. He was a member of St. John Lutheran Church in Warner.
Grateful for having shared his life is his wife, Pat, of Aberdeen; his daughters, Rochelle (Daryl) Bruemmer, of Oregon; Sheryl (Richard) Jensen of Bath, SD; and Kathy (Gary) Heupel, of Warner, SD; three granddaughters, Stacey Gruenstein, of Aberdeen; Jodi (Roger) Heupel Theis, of Peoria, AZ; and Kim Heupel, of Aberdeen; two great-granddaughters, Kayla Gruenstein, of Spencer, SD; and Kiana Theis, of Peoria, two great-grandsons, Jordan Keller, of Aberdeen and Logan Theis, of Peoria, two brothers Verlyn (Ann) Schnabel and Leon (June) Schnabel, both of Wisconsin; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death, by his parents, four brothers, three sisters, and one grandson, John Gruenstein, Jr.
Funeral services were held at St. John Lutheran Church, Warner, SD, with burial at Sunset Memorial Gardens, Aberdeen, SD.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs