Obit: Lakosky, Susan (1896 –1929)

Contact: Audrey Roedl

Surnames: LAKOSKY RYSTIKAN

----Source: LOYAL TRIBUNE (Loyal, Clark County, Wis.) 03/07/1929

Lakosky, Susan (10 AUG 1896 - 1 MAR 1929)

Mrs. Fred Lakosky, whose maiden name was Susan Rystikan, was born Aug. 10, 1896 in Manitowoc, Wisconsin. She grew to womanhood and was married Fred Lakosky Jan. 29, 1916, in that city. This union was blessed with three children, Clarence, 11, and Verland, 5 and Marvin who died in infancy.

Five years ago Mr. Lakosky entered into the implement business here, the family moving at the time to our village and residing here continuously up to the present time. Soon after the arrival of Mr. and Mrs. Lakosky, they became prominent in civic and social circles, Mr. Lakosky at the present time being our village president. They affiliated themselves with the St. Balthasar’s Catholic Church immediately and became prominent members in that congregation.

The untimely death of Mrs. Lakosky resulted from injuries received three months ago while assisting in the Fred Church home, at the time of the death of Mrs. Fred Church who was an intimate friend of hers. An accidental fall down the cellar steps resulted in a broken neck which caused almost entire paralysis from which she never recovered. All efforts of skilled surgeons proved futile and Mrs. Lakosky passed into the great beyond early Friday morning March 1, 1929, at St. Joseph’s Hospital, Marshfield. Mrs. Lakosky although only here a few years, endeared herself to a cast of people. She was devoted to her family and to her many friends. Being kindly, sincere, and faithful she attracted and held as friends those whom she came in contact with. Deeply sympathetic, Mrs. Lakosky was always anxious to render whatever assistance she could when there was an occasion to do so.

Hundreds of people came to the Lakosky home on Saturday and Sunday and viewed the body. Among those who came Sunday were six nurses of St. Joseph’s Hospital, all of whom had helped take care of Mrs. Lakosky while she was at the hospital. The floral tributes were many and included some very beautiful pieces. The funeral was held Monday, Mar. 4th. A requiem High Mass was held at 9:00 o’clock in the St. Balthasar’s Catholic Church, the Rev. Father Joseph Stenz officiating, assisted by the Rev. Father William Daniels of Greenwood as Deacon and the Rev. Father Kreibich of Marshfield as Sub-Deacon. The honorary pallbearers were village officials, Wm. Meyer Clerk and five members of the village board, Ervin Kinkel, John Geiger, Gust Voight, Alfred Kreiser, and Joseph Andraska. Active pallbearers consisted of Edward Bertz, Joseph Esselman, Albert Froeba, Alfred Hass, Frank McGonigal and William Theisen. Most of the active pall bearers are members of the Holy Name Society. Interment took place in the parish cemetery.

Out of town relatives who attended the funeral were the parents of Mrs. Lakosky, Mr. and Mrs. John Rystikan, Mr. and Mrs. Peter Lakosky of Wausau, Mrs. Martin Rhode of Newton, Mrs. Albert Deya of Two Rivers, Mrs. John Skrycki, Mrs. Herbert Lange of Medford, Mr. Rudolph Jost of Cleveland, and Mrs. Cellisti Budwick of Manitowoc. Among the friends from away were Mrs., Matt Demske, and Mrs. Frank Gaginski of Manitowoc; Mrs. Wm. Ford from Eau Claire, Branch manager of the Geo. J. Clark Co. of Minneapolis, Minn., Mr. and Mrs. Ed. Redig from Marshfield. Mr. Redig is Branch manager of the Gale Mfg. Co., of West Bend. Mr. C. B. Clancy, Mr. R. J. Quast, Bert Hurtley and Mr. Roy Jones all from Eau Claire and with the International Harvester Co.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE