Obit: Pagenkopf, Wilhelmine (1850 - 1933)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Pagenkopf, Hoppe, Noah, Junchen, Baumann, Lenz, Lafka, White
----Source: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 26 Jan. 1933
Pagenkopf, Wilhelmina (7 Oct. 1850 - 5 Jan. 1933)
Mrs. Ferdinand Pagenkopf, a pioneer of the town of Grant, passed away on January 5, 1933, at the age of 82 years, two months and 22 days.
Wilhelmine Hoppe was born in Germany, Oct.7, 1850 and spent her childhood days in her native land and there grew to womanhood. On Aug. 10, 1873, she was married to Ferdinand Pagenkopf, and three years later came to America. They settled at Farmington, Jefferson County, Wisconsin, and lived there six years. In 1882 they came to Clark County and settled on land in the town of Grant, where they developed a fine farm. In the making and maintaining of the home Mrs. Pagenkopf did well her part, with all the work and care which came to pioneers of those days.
To Mr. and Mrs. Pagenkopf were born 13 children 9 sons and 4 daughters. Of these 5 sons and three daughters are living: Herman of the town of Grant; John of Neillsville; Emil at Bristol, Wis.; Alvin in Pine Valley; Reinhold in Milwaukee; Matilda, Mrs. S. H. Noah of Loyal; Anna, Mrs. E. Junchen of the town of Washburn; Emma in California. There are also 25 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren.
Mr. Pagenkopf died Oct. 30, 1918. Mrs. Pagenkopf moved to Neillsville about a year later. Since 1929 she has been an invalid.
The funeral was held at Schiller's Funeral home and at St. John's Lutheran church Jan. 9, Rev. Wm. A. Baumann officiating. The five sons and the son-in-law, E. Junchen, acted as pall bearers.
Those from away who attended the funeral were Mr. and Mrs. Hugo Lenz and daughter, Louise of Greenwood; Mr. and Mrs. Will Lafka, Columbus, Wis.; Mrs. Irvin White of Marshall, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs