BioM: Adams, Viola Laverne (1933)

Contact:  Crystal Wendt
Email:  crystal@wiclarkcountyhistory.org

Surnames: Adams, Sharratt, Burth, Glass, Stelloh, Schlinkert

----Sources: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 2 Nov. 1933

Adams, Viola Laverne (Marriage - 11 Oct. 1933)

Miss Viola Laverne Adams, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William Adams of Pine Valley, was united in marriage to Gordon Sharratt, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ezra Sharratt, town of Washburn, on Oct. 11 at 2:30 p.m., Rev. J. G. Buth performing the double ring ceremony at the American Lutheran Church. The decorations were in blue, pink and white and white wedding bells.

Lohengrin’s wedding march was played by Miss Mercedes Glass with songs by the congregation. Miss Glass is a cousin of the bride. The bride’s attendants were: Miss Valeria Sharratt, sister of the bridegroom, and Miss Florence Stelloh. The bride was given away be her father. Oliver Williams and Victor Schlinkert attended the groom.

The bride was attired in a very attractive gown of pale blue flat crepe and carried a shower bouquet of pink roses and swansonia. Miss Sharratt and Miss Stelloh wore pretty costumes of pale pink and peach, respectively.

Fifty guests were entertained at a wedding supper given by the bride’s parents at their home. After the supper a wedding shower and dance were held at Riverside pavilion where the young couple received many useful and lovely gifts.

Both Mr. and Mrs. Sharratt have a host of friends in this community, all of whom join in extending congratulations.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE