Obit: Downer, Ottie Cora (1882 - 1934)
Transcriber: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Downer, Osgood, Pfeffer, Christianson, Severson, Piper, Trader, White
----Source: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 15 March 1934
Downer, Ottie Cora (23 Jan. 1882 - 6 March 1934)
Ottie Cora Osgood was born at Heathville, Wisconsin, on Jan. 23, 1882, and died at her home in the town of York on March. 6, 1934, at the age of 52 years, 1 month and 11 days.
She was married to Joll Downer on April 4, 1900. To this union were born seven children, six of whom survive, one having died in infancy.
Deceased received the Sacrament of Baptism and became a member of the Church of Christ several years ago. She was a woman of sterling character and has been a patient sufferer from heart trouble and rheumatism for several years, bearing her pain in a cheerful manner and she always had a pleasant smile and kind word for everyone. Her affliction prevented her from mingling with her neighbors and friend as much as she would have like to, but withal she made everyone happy with whom she came in contact.
Surviving to mourn her death are her husband, six children, Harold Joll of Green Bay, Wis.; Leona Ruby (Mrs. Herbert Pfeffer) Eau Claire, Wis.; Helen Marie (Mrs. John Christianson) and Lela Mae (Mrs. Norman Severson) both of Albertville, Wis., Willard Lyle of Ripon, Wis.; and George at home; 9 grandchildren, one brother Mott Osgood of Granton; one sister, Mrs. Leo Piper of Lead, South Dakota, one step sister, Mrs. J. R. Trader of Chippewa Falls, Wis.; a half sister, Jean Osgood of Flint, Michigan and a host of friends.
Funeral services were conducted on Thursday afternoon, March 8th, at the home at 1:30 o’clock and at the home at the Windfall Church at 2 o’clock. The Rev. P. B White officiated and burial took place in Windfall Cemetery.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs