BioM: Smitke, Lucilia Margaret (1934)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Smitke, Matousek, Muckerheide, Boie, Schmidt, Holub, Perkins, Borth, Dodmead, Monud
----Source: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 9 Aug. 1934
Smitke, Lucilia Margaret (Marriage - 30 July 1934)
Miss Lucilia Margaret Smitke, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Smitke, of Thorp, became the bride of Frank A. Matousek, Jr., Neillsville, at a nuptial service in St. Bernard’s Catholic Church at Thorp at 8 o’clock Monday morning, July 30. Father A. M. Muckerheide officiated.
The bride was given in marriage by his father, Frank Smitke. Included in the bridal party was Miss Alice Boie, a cousin of the bride, as maid of honor, Cecelia, sister of the bride, and Melvin Schmidt acted as bridesmaid and bestman. Other attendants were Elinore Schmidt and Harvey Boie, Lillian Matousek and George Holub.
White silk, satin faced was used to fashion the bride’s gown, over which she wore a lace jacket and her tulle veil was held in place by a cap shaped head dress. She carried a bouquet of sweet peas and ferns.
Miss Boie’s frock was of green flat crepe, with a shoulder bouquet and the bridesmaid was dressed in flat crepe, with Miss Smitke, wearing yellow, Miss Schmidt, pink and Miss Matousek, tea rose. All carried arm bouquets of gladioli and dahlias.
After the ceremony about 50 relatives and friends gathered fro a reception at the bride’s home, which was decorated in yellow and white. A free wedding dance was given at Mileaway pavilion and music was furnished by Dux’s orchestra, of Neillsville.
Out of town guests include, Mr. and Mrs. Harry Perkins, Robert Smitke, and Mr. and Mrs. Borth, of Duluth, Minn., Miss Rose Schmidt, Chicago, Mr. and Mrs. Frank Matousek, Sr., and daughter Lillian and George Holub, Neillsville, Mrs. Elmer Dodmead and sons, Rilhard and Kenneth of Elk Mound.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs