BioM: Wagner, Mary (1889)
Surnames: VON NEUPERT, WAGNER, FIRNSTAHL, KUGLE
----Sources: COLBY PHONOGRAPH (Colby, Wis.) 10/31/1889
Wagner, Mary (30 OCT 1889)
Married, at St. Killian Church in this village (Colby, Clark Co., Wis.), on Wednesday, Oct. 30th, 1889, by Rev. A. J. Joerres, Mr. Carl Von Neupert of this place, and Miss Mary Wagner of Beaver Dam, Wis.
The groom is the only son of Dr. C. Von Neupert, and has resided here with his parents the most of the time for the past three years, the exception being when he has been at school pursuing his medical studies.
The bride, Miss Wagner, is the second daughter of Jos. Wagner of Beaver Dam, sister of Mrs. Sam J. Shafer and of Will Wagner of Thorp, Clark Co. She has resided her with her sister the past four years. During three years and a half of that time she has filled the position of assistant postmaster, to the satisfaction of all who had business to transact at the post office.
The ceremony was performed at the catholic Church at 7 o’clock in the morning. Frank Firnstahl acting as groomsman and Miss Fannie Kugle as bridesmaid, and notwithstanding the cold, was witnessed by many. After the ceremony a wedding breakfast was partaken of by the contracting parties and relatives. At 10 o’clock the happy young couple took the northbound passenger for a short sojourn in St. Paul and Minneapolis, from whence they are expected to return tomorrow or Saturday. They will make their future home at Stevens Point, where Mr. Von Neupert will put in a stock of drugs, and will go to that place next week. Carl and Mary have been among the leading social lights in the village, and will be sadly missed in social circles. In going to their new home they will bear with them the very best wishes of the large circle of friends, and the Phonograph, for their future happiness and prosperity.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs