BioM: Gotchy, Laura (1894)
Surnames: FINN GOTCHY
----Sources: COLBY PHONOGRAPH (Colby, Wis.) 04/05/1894
Gotchy, Laura (4 APR 1894)
Married, at the residence of the bride’s parents in this city (Colby, Clark Co., Wis.), on Wednesday, April 4th, 1894, by Rev. J. A. Hill, Prof. A. C. Finn of Patch Grove, Grant Co., Wis., and Miss Laura, only daughter of Mr. and Mrs. I. C. Gotchy of this city.
Mr. Finn’s home, for years, has been at Patch Grove, where his parents now reside. He is, to the majority of the Phonograph readers, comparatively unknown, but so far as we have been able to learn he is a young man of genuine good character, had had considerable experience as a high school teacher and has always given good satisfaction.
Miss Gotchy was born in the town of Loyal, Clark Co., Wis., and has spent the greater part of her life in Colby, where she has a host of friends. She has been one of the most successful teachers of our city schools, and counts every child (that has ever been one of her pupils) a little friend.
The ceremony was performed at the house in the presence of a very few of her most intimate friends. After the ceremony those present enjoyed a bountiful supper, and then passed the time in pleasant conversation until time for the young couple to repair to the depot, where they were escorted by a host of friends, and were serenaded by the band.
They took the evening train for Waupaca, where they will spend a week with the family of G. W. Ghoes, and as they stepped upon the train they were showered with rice and bore with them several pounds, more or less, of that article of produce as well as the best wishes of the entire community.
They are both teachers in the Unity school and will return there next week to take up their lines of duty for the spring term.
They were the recipients of a number of handsome and valuable presents, and the blessing of all.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs