Obit: Oelig, Ellen M. (1843 - 1913)
Surnames: OELIG TUTTLE NORRIS FERNEAU
----Source: GREENWOOD GLEANER (Greenwood, Wis.) 06/26/1913
Oelig, Ellen M. (10 OCT 1843 - 19 JUN 1913)
At her home in this city (Greenwood, Clark County, Wis.), on Thursday morning last, June 19th, 1913, Mrs. Wm. Oelig, Sr. quietly passed away at the age of 69 years. The news did not come as a sudden shock to relatives and friends, but as a relief, for her departure from this life had been expected for some time, and ended the suffering and pain she had endured these past several months.
Ellen Maria Tuttle was born in Granville, Licking Co., Ohio, Oct. 10, 1843. Here her early childhood days were passed and an education received in the public schools.
On May 8th, 1863, at Eaton, Fond du Lac Co., Wis., she was married to Wm. Oelig, and to this union four children were born. Thirty years ago last October the family moved to Greenwood, where they have since resided.
Deceased had been confined to her bed since last October and had suffered almost constantly since. Everything possible for her comfort was done by the family to fight back the ravages of disease to avert the inevitable, but love and skill were equally of no avail. The great destroyer had placed his signet on her brow and today, those who loved her living, mourn her dead.
Mrs. Oelig remained conscious to the last, and although fully aware that her life was near its close, she manifested no dread but bravely awaited the termination of the struggle.
She leaves a faithful husband, two sons, Fred and William of this city; two daughters, Mrs. Frank Norris of this city and Mrs. Ralph Ferneau of Stevens Point.
Funeral services were held at the Baptist Church Saturday afternoon at 2:30 o’clock, Rev. Powlesland officiating. The remains were interred in the Greenwood Cemetery.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs