Obit: Johnson, Lena A. (1856 - 1920)
Surnames: JOHNSON HENDRICKSON
----Source: GREENWOOD GLEANER (Greenwood, Wis.) 09/16/1920
Johnson, Lena A. (29 APR 1856 - 9 SEP 1920)
Lena Agnes Johnson (nee Hendrickson) was born in Christiania, Norway, April 29, 1856. She came to this country with her parents in 1866 and lived at Chicago four years. In 1870 she came to Arcadia, Wis., with her parents, residing on a farm. On March 17, 1882 she was united in marriage to H. Johnson Skogstad and came to Greenwood, Clark County, Wis., where she has since resided with her husband. She died at the Marshfield Hospital, Thursday Sept. 9, 1920, where she had gone a few days before to undergo an operation.
Deceased was a kind and loving wife and mother and her sudden death will be keenly felt by all who knew her. She had a cheerful and pleasing disposition and was a friend to everyone.
She leaves to mourn her loss, her husband, one son, B.A. Johnson of Stevens Point, one brother and two grandchildren, besides other relatives and many friends.
Funeral services were held at the Norwegian Church Sunday forenoon, conducted by Rev. Aaberg. The remains were laid to rest in the Greenwood Cemetery.
The pallbearers were Hiram Shields, Tom Leach, Chas. Varney, C.C. Hoehne, John Drummond and P.E. Peterson.
The following from out of town were present at the funeral: Matt Skogstad, Christ Skogstad and Bennie Skogstad of Blair, Wis.; M.P. Skogstad of Osseo, Wis.; Mrs. P.F. Skogstad and Mr. and Mrs. Palmer Skogstad of Eleva, Wis.; Mr. and Mrs. Hans Hendrickson, Mr. and Mrs. Gilbert Hendrickson, Dewey Hendrickson, Mrs. Adolph Hendrickson and Mr. and Mrs. Fred Wideman of Ladysmith, Wis.; and Mr. and Mrs. B.A. Johnson and son Neil of Stevens Point, Wis.
A community shares with the bereaved family in their hour of deep mourning.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs