Obit: Vangsnes, Cora E. (1892 - 1933)
Surnames: VANGSNES, JOHNSON, ANDERSON
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Wis.) 08/03/1933
Vangsnes, Cora E. (14 JUL 1892 – 24 JUL 1933)
Cora E. Johnson Vangsnes was born July 14, 1892 at Black River Falls, Wis. At the age of nine months, she with her parents and sister, moved to Longwood, Clark County. She was baptized and confirmed in the Lutheran Church. She graduated from the Greenwood High School Class of 1910.
After finishing school she taught for several years here and in North Dakota. On Nov. 21, 1920, she was united in marriage to Geo. L. Vangsnes of Davenport, N.D. Four Children were born to this union, Erno, aged 11, Amy, dying in infancy, Philip, 7, and Clark 5 years. Her husband preceded her in death five years ago.
She leaves to mourn her early departure, her children, her parents, Mr. and Mrs. P.C. Johnson, three sisters, Mrs. Morris Anderson of Stevens Point, Mrs. Elmer Johnson, Greenwood and Nola, one brother, Paul A. Johnson of Ind., also a host of friends.
The beautiful floral offerings and the large attendance at the services were evidence of the esteem in which she was held by all who knew her.
Funeral services were held from the Trondhjem Church Thursday afternoon at 2:00 o’clock and the body was laid to rest in the Greenwood Cemetery.
The relatives from out of town who attended the funeral were Mrs. Anna Simmons, Edwin Simmons, Mrs. P. Borreson of Kindred, N.D., Mrs. Roy Gilbery, Moorhead, Minn.; Mrs. A. Vangsnes of Davenport, N.D.; Mr. and Mrs. Axel Stoble and son of Dilworth, Minn.; Mrs. A. Anderson of Minneapolis, Minn.; Mrs. Tillie Emerson, son and daughter, Mrs. Ida Flanagan, John C. and Gustav C. Johnson and Ben Peterson of Black River Falls, Wis.; Mr. and Mrs. Ray Hugaboom of Dorchester. Also many friends from surrounding towns.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs