Bio: Anderson, Leona
Contact: Loyal Public Library
----Source: Excerpt from "The Centennial History of the York Center United Methodist Church, 1880 - 1980..
In 1920, Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Anderson came from Fond du Lac and started to farm. They had four children, David of Granton, (now deceased), Katherine, died at an early age, George of Eau Claire, and Charles of LaCrosse. In 1945, they retired to a home in Neillsville. Some years later, Mr. Anderson passed away but his wife, Katherine, remains in their retirement home.
David and his wife, Leona Lang, formerly of Auburndale, took over farming responsibility in 1945. They have four daughters - Sarah, Mrs. Vic Elmhorst of Granton, Adel, Mrs. Gary Thiede of Appleton (has one son, Tim) Elaine, Mrs. Dale Emberson of Eau Claire, and Donna, a college student at Eau Claire.
After David was killed in a farm accident in 1978, the home farm was taken over by Vic and Sarah Elmhorst and their two sons, Rodney and Brian. Leona has built a new home across the road to the south.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs