BioM: Williams, Fern (Marriage - 1919)
Surnames: WILLIAMS HALES
----Source: CLARK COUNTY REPUBLICAN & PRESS (Neillsville, Wis.) 06/26/1919
Williams, Fern (Marriage - 19 JUN 1919)
Miss Fern Williams, oldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Willis Williams, and Harry O. Hales, youngest son of Mr. and Mrs. A. W. Hales, were united in the holy bonds of matrimony at the Methodist Parsonage at Marshfield at 4 o'clock Thursday afternoon when Rev. Jordan spoke the sacred words uniting these happy young people. The bride was daintily gowned in a dress of light blue silk georgette and was attended by the groom's sister, Miss Ella Hales, the latter charmingly attired in pink Mescaline trimmed with Georgette. The groom's attendant was the bride's brother, Roy Williams. After this nuptial knot was tied uniting for life these worthy representatives of two of the town of York, Clark County's best known and highly respected families, the bridal party returned by auto to the home of the bride's parents here, where a delicious wedding repast awaited them and a reception limited to relatives only, was given them. The newlyweds left late that evening on a wedding trip to Madison, Milwaukee and other state points, expecting to be at home after July 1st on the A. W. Hales Stock farm in York, which the groom has rented and is to take possession of on that date. The groom is a progressive and practical young farmer. He is a Neillsville High School graduate, then with two years attendance at the state university where he completed the agricultural course, he has the required education for his chosen profession. The bride, also a Neillsville High School graduate, took the teachers training course at Stevens Point Norman and for 4 years past has been a successful teacher here in the Clark County schools. They are a worthy and most capable young couple with hosts of friends. We predict for them a happy and successful future. ( Granton News)
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs