BioM: Kenney, Bridget (Marriage - 1910)
Surnames: VANDERYDEN MCGROGAN KENNEY
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 01/20/1910
Kenney, Bridget (Marriage - 18 JAN 1910)
Promptly, as the bell signaled the hour of eight o'clock on Tuesday morning, Jan. 18, 1910, a lonesome appearing individual wended he way towards St. Bernard's Catholic Church (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.), calling at the home of Mr. and Mrs. G. Vanderhyden to escort his promised bride to that edifice, a short time later, Father A. M. Arentz pronounced the solemn words that joined in wedlock our old friend Mr. John McGrogan and Miss Bridget Kenney, both well known residents of this village.
The event had been an "open" secret for several days previous, and friends from far and near gathered at the church to witness the ceremony. The bride, handsomely attired in a dark navy blue broadcloth suit and picture that appeared radiantly happy, while the smile on John's face broadened as he took his proper position, indicating that he also was delighted. The couple was attended by Mr. Jno. McCarthy of Banfour, N. D., and Miss Barbara Vanderhyden, of this place. After the ceremony the bride and groom repaired to the home of Mr. and Mrs. Vanderhyden where breakfast was served, immediately after which they departed on the 10:10 a.m. train for a short trip.
The bride is well known to all as capable of filling the home she will adorn with sunshine and happiness, and will truly prove a helpmate and companion to the husband she has chosen.
The groom is considered one of our solid substantial businessmen and worthy of all the blessing due to mankind.
The congratulations on the event are numerous from all sides and The Courier is pleased on this occasion to add its hearty good wishes to those being so freely extended to the bride and groom.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs