Obit: Yoder, Hanna M. (1837 - 1914)
Surnames: YODER KERSTELTER MOSER BROWNING HILL SHILTS
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 01/15/1914
Yoder, Hanna M. (6 AUG 1837 - 6 JAN 1914)
Hanna M. Yoder died at the home of her daughter, Mrs. Lucy Shilts, at Boyd, Wis. She died of ? (couldn't read) on Jan. 6, 1914, aged 76 years and 5 months. She was born Aug. 6, 1837 in Star City, Ohio, was married to Solomon Yoder on June 13, 1858 at La Grange, Ind. Ten children were born of this union, six daughters and four sons. Her husband died over two years ago. Their home was at Breedsville, Mich. up to three years ago, when they came to Gilman to live with their son George. She was with her son at Gilman until five weeks ago. She had been very feeble for several years past, she was generous and good all through life and a loving mother. She leaves six children, Mrs. Lucy Shilts of Boyd, Wis., John Yoder of Durand, Wis., May Kerstelter, Auburn, Ind., George Yoder, Sam Yoder, Gilman, Wis., two brothers, Monasse Moser, Jonathon Moser, Durand, Wis., one sister, Mary Browning of Eau Claire, Wis. Her youngest daughter, Mrs. Manda Hill at Otsego, Mich., was buried just two months ago. She also leaves eighteen grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
The body of Mrs. Yoder arrived here (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) on Friday noon, accompanied by relatives, the funeral taking place at the M. E. Church, Rev. J. B. Bachman officiating. Interment took place in the Thorp Village Cemetery beside the remains of her husband, whose death occurred about three years ago.
Those who attended the funeral were Mr. and Mrs. G. Yoder, Sam Yoder, Ray and Eugene Yoder and Mrs. A. Johnson of Gilman, Mrs. Lucy Shilts, Dorothy, Art and Rubard Shilts of Boyd, Mr. and Mrs. J. Browning of Eau Claire, The Misses Mary and Bessie Moser, M. Moser of Durand.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs