BioM: Stracker, Elsa (1915)
Surnames: STRACKER MCHPHERSON
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 07/01/1915
Stracker, Elsa (Marriage - 28 JUN 1915)
Miss Elsa Stracker, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Herman Stracker, and Mr. Arthur McPherson of Wheeler, Wis., were married at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, June 28, 1915, Rev. J. B. Bachman officiating.
Miss Lilly Stracker, sister of the bride, was maid of honor.
For the wedding the rooms were prettily decorated in pink and white peonies and ferns. The Lohengrin march was played by Miss Mary Plucinski, friend of the bride.
Following the ceremony there was a reception and bridal breakfast.
The bride's gown was heavy brocaded satin. The bodice of Chantilly lace was cut decollete with short sleeves. Her pointed tulle veil was worn cap effect and caught with lilies of the valley.
The bride's sister, as maid of honor, wore chiffon over yellow satin and both waitresses wore yellow and white, the Misses Alice Vlcheck and Phoena Burss.
After the breakfast, which followed the wedding, Mr. and Mrs. McPherson left for San Francisco and San Diego, Cal, where they will spend their honeymoon, later at Modesto, where the bride's sister, Mrs. Baldeschwiler, resides. The bride's traveling suit was a sand color with a large white hat. After Sept. 1, 1915, they will make their home in Gordon, Wis., where Mr. McPherson is employed as agent for the Soo Railroad.
Out of town guests were Mr. and Mrs. A. McPherson, Mr. and Mrs. A. J. Olson, Mr. and Mrs. Theo. Johnson of Wheeler, Wis., Mr. and Mrs. Karl Strope of Stevens Point, Miss Agnes Ebbe and Mrs. Peter LeMahien of Marshfield, Miss Molly Dilling of Owen, Mrs. A. Jackson of Chippewa Falls, Misses Isabelle Kreba and Tresa Bauer of Albany, Minn., Mrs. Wm. Knierim, Indianapolis, Ind., Miss Edna Stracker, Mukwonago.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs