BioM: Wingad, Floy E. (Marriage - 1916)
Surnames: WINGAD COLBY
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 09/07/1916
Wingad, Floy E. (Marriage - AUG 1916)
At the home of the bride's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Wingad, occurred the wedding of Miss Floy Ethel to Mr. Corliss T. Colby.
The groom was attended by the bride's brother, Emil Wingad. They both wore conventional black. The bride was attended by three maids, who carried ward roses, asters and gladiolas. Miss Amy Colby was maid of honor, Verta Cleasby and Velma Cooper were bridesmaids. Vera Wingad carried the ring in lily. The bride wore a dress of rich white satin stripe organdy with an over skirt of shadow lace. She wore a long veil of silk tulle crowned with orange blossoms. The maid of honor wore pink crepe. Miss Verta wore pale green china silk, and Miss Velma wore light blue lace cloth. The house was beautifully decorated with myrtle, ferns and gladiolas. To the strains of the wedding march played by Mrs. Meril Bunce the wedding party descended the stairs and passed through an aisle made by the ribbon bearers leading to the altar, where the groom and best man awaited them. The bride was brought to the altar by Dan Dutter. Immediately after the ceremony a three-course dinner was served. The evening was spent in singing and playing games.
The bride is one of Eleva's most popular young ladies and was well liked by all. She attended Eleva High School and is a graduate of the Eau Claire County Normal, and is one of our successful teachers. The groom is a prosperous young farmer, a leader in the community. Mr. and Mrs. Colby left the following morning by the way of Eau Claire and Chippewa Falls, to their home near Thorp, Clark County, Wis. The guests from away were Mr. and Mrs. Claude Colby, Norman and Amy Colby. They received many useful gifts.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs