Obit: Jarvis, Annis (1855 - 1916)

Contact:  Stan

Surnames: JARVIS GAGE HOLETON CANNON

----Source: LOYAL TRIBUNE (Loyal, Clark County, Wis.) 09/27/1916

Jarvis, Annis (17 OCT 1855 - 15 SEP 1916)

Mrs. Annis Mariette Cannon Jarvis passed away at the home of her daughter, Mrs. Maud Gage, at Forestville, N.Y. on sept. 15, 1916, after a long and painful illness. Deceased was born at Clyman, dodge Co., Wis., Oct. 17, 1855. On June 6th she came with her parents, who settled on a homestead near Loyal, Clark County, Wis. She taught several terms of school near Loyal and Neillsville. On Aug. 31, 1874 she was united in marriage to Frank Jarvis. Two daughters and four sons were born, Mrs. Grace Holeton of Abbotsford, Mrs. Maud Gage, Forestville, N.Y., George Jarvis, Loyal, Judge Jarvis, Marshfield, Frank Jarvis, Unity and Free Jarvis at Stevens Point, who with two sisters and thirteen grandchildren survive her. Mr. and Mrs. Jarvis resided at Greenwood, Clark Co. until 1876, when they settled on their homestead in what is now the town of Green Grove, Clark County. In 1885 they moved to Colby and resided there until the death of her husband sixteen years ago. The past few years she has made her home with her daughters, Mrs. Grace Holeton or Mrs. Maud Gage. Mrs. Jarvis died as she had lived honored trusted and lived by all who knew her.

A short service was held at the home of Frank Jarvis at Unity and the remains were taken to the M. E. Church at Colby, where services were held on Monday with burial in the Colby Memorial Cemetery.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE