BioM: Fisher, Maude Y. (Marriage - 1917)
Surnames: FISHER HARGIS HAMILTON FREY
----Source: LOYAL TRIBUNE (Loyal, Clark County, Wis.) 07/19/1917
Fisher, Maude Y. (Marriage - JUL 1917)
At 2 o'clock this afternoon a very pretty service was solemnized at the home of Mr. and Mrs. F. G. Fisher, 191 North Kendall St., when their daughter, Miss Maude Y. Fisher and Ellis V. Hargis of Illinois were united in marriage. The Rev. W. S. Potter officiated and the ring service was used. The bride was attended by Miss Erma Scramlin, a classmate in the Battle Creek High School and the groom was attended by John Frey, a classmate at the Johnson Bible College, Kimberlin Heights, Tenn. The wedding march was played by Miss Geraldine Hamilton. The bride was attired in an attractive gown of white crepe de chene and net and carried pink roses showered with sweet peas. Her attendant wore a gown of rose colored crepe de chene. The home was decorated with an abundance of of pink flowers and palms and ferns. Following the service a luncheon was served under the direction of the bride's mother, assisted by Miss Lela Walters and Della Graham. The bride is a graduate from the Battle Creek High school in the class of 1916 and for the past year has been employed as stenographer at the Squier violin Factory. The groom has been a student at the Johnson Bible College. Mr. and Mrs. Hargis will make their home for the present at 71 East Van Buren St. The out of town guests were Rev. Mr. Hargis of Illinois, father of the groom, Mrs. Mary A. Brasier of Wisconsin; Mrs. Olive Irvine of Neillsville, Clark County, Wis., and Mrs. Ida Coon of Red Cloud, Neb., aunts of the bride and also several classmates of Mr. Hargis from Kimberlin Heights, Tenn., who are spending the summer in Battle Creek. (Saturday's Evening News, Battle Creek, Mich)
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs