BioM: Colby, Emma (Marriage - 1917)

Contact:  Stan

Surnames: COLBY JOHNSON

----Source: LOYAL TRIBUNE (Loyal, Clark County, Wis.) 08/02/1917

Colby, Emma (Marriage - 26 JUL 1917)

At 8 o'clock Thursday morning, July 26, 1917, a pretty service was solemnized at the home of Mr. and Mrs. B. W. Colby, when their daughter, Miss Emma Colby and Mr. Alfred W. Johnson of Sebeka, Minn., were united in marriage, Rev. W. C. Clock officiating.

The bride was attired in an attractive gown of green crepe de chien and carried sweet peas. The house was prettily decorated with an abundance of sweet peas and ferns. Following the service a wedding breakfast was served by the bride's mother, to the immediate family.

The bride is one of our choicest young ladies. From a little girl she has grown up in our midst (Loyal, Clark County, Wis.), and is too well known to need any introduction to the people of this vicinity. She is the oldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. B. W. Colby, is a graduate of the local high school and of Oshkosh Normal. She attended Lawrence College at Appleton one years, where she took public school music and drawing, and for the past three and one-half years has been a successful teacher, the most of that time at Sebeka, Minn.

The groom is almost a stranger to us, but is a successful businessman and holds the position of postmaster at Sebeka, a position he has held for the past seven years.

Mr. and Mrs. Johnson left the same day on a wedding trip to the Lakes of northern Minnesota. They will be at home at Sebeka, Minn.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE