Obit: Brown, Frank H. (1888 - 1919)
Surnames: BROWN COWEN SCHINEH SCHINEK ARNDT STANNARD
----Source: COLBY PHONOGRAPH (Colby, Wis.) 01/16/1919
Brown, Frank H. (2 OCT 1888 - 9 JAN 1919)
Frank Howard Brown died at his home in Athens, Wis., Jan. 9, 1919, at six o'clock p.m. after an illness of two weeks of influenza followed by pneumonia.
Mr. Brown was born on the farm a mile east of Abbotsford, Wis. Oct. 2, 1888, and was the son of John M. Brown and Ann Cowen-Brown. He attended the Abbotsford School and worked on the farm until he entered the railroad service in the capacity of section hand. He moved to Athens in April 1915, when he was promoted to foreman, and was given the section between Athens and Goodrich. He was married to Miss Mary Schineh of Abbotsford, August 1, 1907, who with three children survive him. He was a member of the Beaver Lodge.
The body was brought to Abbotsford Monday, where the funeral was held at noon at the Presbyterian Church, with burial in the Abbotsford Cemetery. The floral tributes were profuse and beautiful, and attested the love and sympathy of the relatives, his brethren of the lodge and fellow workmen.
Beside the immediate family he is survived by his sister, Mrs. Frank Schinek, one brother, Ormel Brown of Phelps, one half-sister, Mrs. Gust Arndt and one half-brother, Clarence Stannard of Goodrich. His parents preceded him in death three and four years, respectively.
Mr. Brown was a man of exemplary habits who will be deeply and sincerely mourned by a large circle of relatives and friends. Besides the friends that acted as pallbearers, the remains were accompanied by Masdames Wm. Bey, Mat Valanta, Frank Albrecht, and Wenzel Andrer.
The relatives from away who attended the funeral were Ormel Brown of Phelps and Mr. Stannard and daughter Daisy of Goodrich.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs