BioM: Lindner, Theresa (Marriage - 1918)
Surnames: LINDNER BENTZ LIST FROME BORHERT
----Source: COLBY PHONOGRAPH (Colby, Wis.) 10/24/1918
Lindner, Theresa (Marriage - 17 OCT 1918)
Zion Lutheran Church was the scene of a pretty wedding last Thursday, Oct. 17, 1918, the contracting parties being Miss Theresa Lindner of Sheboygan, Wis., and Mr. Edwin Bentz, son of Carl Bentz. Rev. C. C. Hartenstein was the officiating clergyman who tied the nuptial knot pronouncing the ceremony which united these estimable young people.
The wedding was a quiet one, witnessed only by the immediate relatives and a few intimate friends. Promptly at two o'clock, to the music of the wedding march played by Miss Louise List, the young couple took their places, where the minister, with an impressive yet simple ceremony, mad them husband and wife.
The bride was becomingly attired in a beautiful gown of white silk crepe de chene trimmed with beads and carried a large bouquet of lilies of the valley. The groom and groomsmen, Messrs. Wallace Frome and Carl Borhert, wore the usual conventional black. Miss Meta Frome, bridesmaid, wore a handsome gown of light green crepe de chene and Miss Martha Buss, also acting as bridesmaid, wore a becoming gown of white crepe de chene. Both wore pink carnations as did also the best men.
Immediately after the ceremony, the bridal party was taken to the Lukowicz studio by Mr. J. T. Tessmer, who also brought the bridal party to the church, were pictures were taken, after which all returned to the groom's home, two and one-half miles west of the city (Colby, Wis.), where tables were spread with a delicious dinner.
The young couple will make their home on the groom's farm, having already taken up housekeeping. The Phonograph joins the rest of the community in wishing them health and happiness in the future.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs