BioM: Schueler, Elsie E. (Marriage - 1921)
Surnames: GOSSE SCHUELER KUMMER
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Wis.) 06/16/1921
Schueler, Elsie E. (Marriage - 4 JUN 1921)
A pretty wedding took place on Saturday, June 4, 1921, at Immanuel Reformed Church in this city (Colby, Wis.), when Miss Elsie E. Schueler, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. August Schueler of the town of Colby, Clark County, became the bride of Mr. Clarence Gosse of Colby. They were attended by Miss Minnie Schueler, sister of the bride, as maid of honor and Miss Gertrude Schueler as bridesmaid, and Elmer Kummer, a cousin of the groom and Melvin Gosse, brother of the groom, as groomsmen.
Promptly at the appointed hour the bridal party entered the church to the strains of the wedding march. Vleska Gosse of Sheboygan, acting as flower girl, carried a basket of roses and lilies of the valley. She was dressed in white organdie. Following her was the bride, attired in a gown of white charmeuse trimmed with beads. She wore a white georgette hat and carried a shower bouquet of white roses and lilies of the valley. The bridesmaids wore a gown of white taffeta silk and carried bouquets of pink roses.
Immediately after the ceremony the bridal party drove to the home of the bride’s parents, where supper was served. The home was beautifully decorated with ferns and pink roses shipped from the state of Oregon. The evening was spent in playing cards and dancing until the earl hours of the following morning.
Those from out of town being present were: Mr. and Mrs. August Gosse and son Eugene; Mr. and Mrs. Fred Gosse and daughter Vleska; Mr. and Mrs. Hamman and daughter Dorothy; Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Schaaf, Mrs. Robert Kummer and son Elmer, Mrs. Oscar Hasche, Mr. and Mrs. E. Miller, Mrs. L. Doll, of Sheboygan; Mrs. A. Klienfeldt of Oshkosh; Mr. and Mrs. Val Volk, Mr. and Mrs. Will Volk, Mr. and Mrs. J. Horn, of Greenwood; Mr. and Mrs. A. F. Franz and son Arthur, and Mrs. Arthur Nelson of Chippewa Falls.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.