BioM: Vandreel, Henrietta (Marriage - 1925)
Surnames: VANDREEL DIERS SCHILLINK
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Wis.) 07/02/1925
Vandreel, Henrietta (Marriage - 23 JUN 1925)
A pretty wedding was solemnized at St. Mary's Catholic Church last Tuesday, June 23, 1925, Rev. Lachnitt officiating, when Henrietta Vandreel, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Anton Vandreel, became the bride of Leo Diers, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ignatz Diers. Leona Vandreel, sister of the bride, acted as bridesmaid and the groom was attended by his brother, Otto Diers. Little Helen Vandreel and Adeline Schillink were flower girls.
The bride was beautifully attired in a dress of white canton crepe trimmed with lace and carried a bouquet of roses and narcissus. The bridesmaid wore a dress of blue silk crepe and carried a bouquet of carnations and sweet peas.
Immediately after the marriage ceremony, the bridal party repaired to the home of the bride's parents, where a wedding reception was held for near relatives only, the home being nicely decorated in pink and white for the occasion. The next day, the newly married couple left on a wedding trip to Appleton, Depere, Green Bay and other places, but now are at home on the farm, three miles east of Colby, Wis. On the evening of June 29th, a free wedding dance was given at Cherokee, Marathon Co., Wis.
The bride is a daughter of one of our most prominent farmers living east of Cherokee and the groom is known as one of the progressive Cherokee farmers. Both have a host of friends who wish them a happily married life.
The out of town guests here for the wedding were Mr. and Mrs. Anton Vanderbrock and Mrs. W. M. Vanderbrock, Little Chute, Mr. and Mrs. John Vandreel, Green Bay, Mr. and Mrs. Frank Vandreel, Depere, Mr. and Mrs. Joe Wartiner and family, Marshfield, Mr. and Mrs. Roman Kass, Bakerville, Mr. and Mrs. Martin Diers, Medford, Corneal Vanderbrock and J. Hansen, Arnold Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs