BioM: Rucks, Gladys M. (Marriage - 1927)

Contact:  Stan

Surnames: RUCKS KOWALK HEDERER BAUMGART

----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Wis.) 08/04/1927

Rucks, Gladys M. (Marriage - 3 AUG 1927)

A very pretty wedding was solemnized Wednesday, Aug. 3, 1927, at the Zion Evangelical Church, Rev. Kirchhoefer officiating, when Miss Gladys M. Rucks, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Rucks, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Rucks, became the bride of Fred C. Kowalk, son of Mr. and Mrs. William Kowalk, Helen L. Hederer acted as bridesmaid and Clara A. Kowalk maid of honor. The groom was attended by Theodore Baumgart and Joseph Hederer.

The bride wore a beautiful dress of pink silk charmeuse satin and georgette and carried a bouquet of carnations, sweet peas and ferns. The bridesmaid was attired in a dress of pink georgette and carried a bouquet of sweet peas and ferns. The maid of honor wore a dress of rose silk canton crepe and also carried a bouquet of sweet peas and ferns.

A wedding reception was held for relatives at the home of the bride's parents, the home being decorated in pink and white for the occasion. In the evening, a free wedding dance was given at Wiedenhoeft's pavilion, which was largely attended and enjoyed by all.

The newlyweds left on a wedding trip to points in the southern part of the state and will be at home after Aug. 10th on the groom's farm south of Colby.

Both the bride and groom are well and favorably known to people of Colby and vicinity and have many friends who extend best wishes and congratulations.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE