BioM: Knauf, Alice (Marriage - 1928)

Contact:  Stan

Surnames: JACKSON KNAUF

----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Wis.) 11/29/1928

Knauf, Alice (Marriage - 17 NOV 1928)

Mr. Kenneth John Jackson, formerly district manager of the Consolidated Telephone Co., with headquarters at Colby, Wis., was married to Miss Alice Knauf of Chilton, Wis., in St. Mary's Church on Saturday, Nov. 17, 1928.

The bride wore a French design, period style gown of imported lace over flesh color satin crepe, the lace having been used on her mother's wedding gown. She wore veil, entrain, of flesh tint and carried a shower bouquet of Ophelia roses and Easter lilies.

The ceremony at the church was followed by a reception at the home of the bride's parents, which was decorated for the event with baskets of chrysanthemums in shades of the color scheme of the bridal party and at 1:30 o'clock a wedding breakfast was served at the Hotel Chilton, covers being laid for over one hundred guests.

The bride, a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. W. N. Knauf of Chilton, is one of Chilton's most charming young ladies and a prime favorite with the young and old. She is a graduate of the Chilton High School and attended the University of Wis. until Cupid persuaded her to enter a higher calling.

The bridegroom is a son of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Jackson of Madison, and holds a prominent position with the Consolidated Telephone Co. at Madison. He is a graduate of Loyola University, Chicago, Ill. He is a splendid young man and is rated as a good businessman.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE