Harold & wf. - 1973
Contact: Kathleen Englebretson
----Source: Marshfield News Herald/ November 28, 1973
Harold Tuckers Mark Golden Nuptial Event
More than 80 guests joined Mr. And Mrs. Harold Tucker, Gwin Street, Loyal, in celebrating their Golden Wedding anniversary in the all-purpose room of St. Anthony’s Parochial School in Loyal Sunday afternoon, November 25.
A tiered- anniversary cake centered the table which was adorned with potted chrysanthemums in the golden yellow theme. The event was planned for their parents by two daughters, Mrs. Clayton (Kathleen) Englebretson, Loyal, and Mrs. B. A. (Beverly) Bethke, Wausau. There are eight grandchildren and three great grandchildren.
Harold Tucker was born in the town of Eaton March 5, 1900, the son of George and Mabel Pierce Tucker. A sister Bessie, and her husband Harold Blanchard, Seattle, Washington, who celebrated their golden wedding in 1971, were unable to come. Mr. Tucker’s brother, William of Loyal, was there.
After completing his education at Prosperity School he did farm work at Veefkind, continuing to work there after his marriage to Loretta Ratelle Nov 28, 1923 at St. Balthasar Catholic Church, Loyal. The Rev. Joseph Stenz performed the ceremony.
Prior to her marriage, Mrs. Tucker, daughter of Charles and Lina Christensen Ratelle of Loyal, had graduated from Loyal High School in 1920. She was a telephone operator in Loyal until her marriage. Her only sister, Pearl Kreiser, Wausau, attended the celebration. On March 1, 1942, he started as bookkeeper or O. W. Trindal Company and in 1945 began driving semi for the same company. His retirement in 1960 was caused by a disability. The Tuckers have traveled to the West Coast several times. Now he does considerable reading and also enjoys television. Mrs. Tucker does fancywork in her spare time; also being a member of the Birthday, West Side and Pinochle Clubs. For years he was a Red Clubs. For years she was a Red Cross volunteer. They have a
Mr. Tucker had served on the Village Board and later on the City Council, his last term expiring in 1970.
The day’s celebration began with a special Mass Sunday morning at St. Anthony’s Catholic Church where they are members.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs