Obit: Brown, John B. (1841 - 1927)
Surnames: BROWN FOLSOM FORMAN SISCO
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 05/26/1927
Brown, John B. (16 Oct 1841 - 20 MAY 1927)
John Bernard Brown was born near Rutland, Vt., Oct 16, 1841. In his infancy his parents came to the town of Coral, McHenry Co., Ill., where he lived until he was fifteen years of age. Then with his parents he came to Black River Falls, Wis., During the Civil War he enlisted in Co. G., Fifth Wis. Volunteer Infantry on Sept. 1, 1864, and served until the close of the war, and was honorably discharged on June 20, 1865. He was in four big battles and several skirmishes and received only a slight wound on his left arm. On Nov. 15, 1866, he was married to Arvilla Folsom, now deceased. Three children were born to this union, Nettie A., deceased, Rob B. of Harlingen, Texas, and Winnie E. of Owen. In Jan. 1870 he moved with his wife and one child on a homestead in what is now the own of Reseberg, Clark County, Wis., and moved to Thorp, Clark County in Oct. 1901. He was again married to Helen Forman in the spring of 1915, who preceded him in death. The last few years he has made his home with his daughter, Mrs. Isaac Sisco, near Owen, where he passed away on May 20, 1927.
Deceased was one of the oldest settlers in Clark County and highly respected by all sects and classes of people, as attendance at his funeral fully verified.
Impressive funeral services were held at the Methodist Church in Thorp on Monday afternoon, Rev. W. Bennetts officiating, the services at the grave in the Thorp Village Cemetery being conducted by the Thorp I. O. O.F. lodge, of which order deceased was a member.
Relatives from out of town attending the funeral were: Mrs. N. J. Brown, Minneapolis; Mrs. M. A. Stone, St. Paul; Mrs. C. D. Cannon, Loyal; E. R. Gwin, Loyal; and Mr. and Mrs. Vernon Jackson, Eau Claire.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs