Obit: Tufts, Daniel J. (1875 - 1928)
Surnames: TUFTS PATRIE
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 04/05/1928
Tufts, Daniel J. (1875 - 5 APR 1928)
Following an illness of more than two years of heart and kidney trouble, Daniel J. Tufts, a prominent citizen of the village of Withee, Clark County, Wis., passed away this morning at his home there. He had been confined to his bed for the past three weeks, and was steadily growing weaker until life ebbed away.
Mr. Tufts came to Withee when five years of age with his parents, and had resided there for forty-seven years. He was fifty-two years of age. In the many years that he had made that village his home he had been prominent in social and civic affairs, and was at the time of this death a member of the board of trustees of the village, a position which he had held for several terms.
During his life he had followed the carpenter trade, and that of tinsmith and plumber, the last trade having occupied his attention the past fifteen years, being a regular employee, when in good health, of the Withee Hardware and Implement Co.
He leaves to mourn, his wife and two sons, Bernard of Madison and Donald of Minneapolis, one daughter , Fern of Stevens Point, one brother, W. C. Tufts of Eau Claire and one sister, Mrs. C. H. Patrie of Owen.
Funeral services will be conducted Sunday afternoon from the M. E. Church at Withee, the Modern Woodmen having charge of the services at the grave, an organization of which he has been a leading member for a great many years. Burial will take place in the family lot at Riverside Cemetery.
In the passing of Daniel J. Tufts, the village of Withee has lost an honored citizen and a friend of all who had known him. The bereaved family has the heartfelt sympathy of the entire community in the passing of their husband and father.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs