Obit: Zenz, Martha (1898 - 1965)
Transcriber: Audrey Roedl
----Source: Obituary: Loyal
Tribune, October 7, 1965, page 1. Death Cert. 3706 No. 027564 at
Wisconsin Vital Statistics. COD: Myocardial Infarction.
FORMER LOYAL RESIDENT DIES AT WAUSAU HOSPITAL
Mrs. Martha Zenz, 67, Marathon, a former Loyal resident, died at 4 a.m. Wednesday, September 29, at a Wausau hospital following a short illness.
Funeral services were held at 10 a.m. Saturday, October 2, at St. Anthony's Catholic Church, Loyal. The Rev. Norbert E. King officiated and burial was made in the parish cemetery. The Myre Funeral Home was in charge of all the arrangements.
Pallbearers were Franklin Rueth, Leonard Rueth, Sylvester Rueth, Bernard Ruth [?Rueth] Edward Rueth, and Herbert Rueth.
The former Martha Rueth was born in 1898 at Beaver Dam, and later came to Loyal where she received her education. In 1925 she married Joe Zenz, who preceded her in death in 1937 [?1933]. She left Loyal about 25 years ago and went to Marathon where she operated a beauty parlor until the time of her death.
Survivors include a son, Gary, Whitewater; a sister, Veronica Rueth, Marathon; and four brothers, Joe Rueth, Neillsville; and Albert, Leo and Peter Rueth, Loyal.
She was preceded in death besides her husband by two sons, and a sister.
Attending the services from out of town were Mrs. Ann Zinkel, New Eaugalle; Mr. and Mrs. Leo Kastenmeier, Alice Kastenmeyer, Joe Kastenmeyer, and Mrs. Ida Glaudeman, Beaver Dam; Mr. and Mrs. Norman Polasek and Patrick McKeough, Green Bay.
Mrs. Joe Szyamnski, Mrs. Bill Buchberger, Mrs. Harry Rajack, and Mrs. Vincent Gage, Marathon; Mr. and Mrs. LaVerne Kolbeck and Cindy, Mr. and Mrs. Matt Beaver and Janie and Gertrude Rueth, Marshfiek]ld; Mr. Frank Gleichsner and family, Beloit; Joe Rueth, Neillsville; and Mr. and Mrs. Jack Landry, Madison.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs