Obit: Bruchert, Fred (1875 - 1940)
Contact: Janet Rogalski
Stark Family Scrapbook.
HOLD FUNERAL RITES FOR WITHEE MAN, 65
Illness Fatal to Former Village Board Member
(By News-Herald Correspondent)
Withee--Funeral rites were conducted Monday afternoon at 2 o'clock at St. John's Lutheran Church, Withee, for Fred Bruchert, 65, a former member of the Village Board, who died Sept. 6, 1940, at his home, following a lingering illness.
The Rev. E. Wendling had charge of the services, and d burial took place in Riverside cemetery.
Mr. Bruchert, who was employed at the Owen Box and Crating Company as a saw filer for the past 23 years, and who had made his home in Withee for 48 years, was born in Germany March 5, 1875, and came to America in 1883.
He was a member of the Withee Village Board for 10 years and was re-elected last spring, but was later forced to resign because of ploor health. He was also a member and officer of St. John's German Lutheran Church. His marriage to Emma Brandt took place at Withee in 1906.
Surviving are his widow; eight children, Mrs. George Stark, Greenwood, and Louise Laura, Irma, Bernard, Leonard, Norbert, and Leon, all at home; one grandchild; one brother, william Burchert; and four sisters, Mrs. William Brandt, Mrs. R. Martin, Mrs. J. Steager, and Mrs. Ed Bruckschlager.
Among those from out of town here for the the funeral were Mr. and Mrs. D. J. Kierman and daughter, Betty, Mrs. Walter Johnson; Milwaukee; Walter Brandt and Mrs. E.mer Meyer, Chicago; Mr. and Mrs. Arnold Brandt, Eau Claire; Mr. and Mrs. Leland Brandt, Black Creek; Mr. and Mrs. Adolph Kuhnert and Mr. and Mrs. Fred Zimmerman, Wausau; Mrs. Conrad Luber, Marshfield; Mr. and Mrs. William Bokath and son, Veryl, and Mr. and Mrs. Ben Bokath, Rib Lake; Mrs. Adolph Meyer, Mr. and Mrs. William Schlinsog, and Leonard Jensin, Greenwood.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs