Obit: Young, Nelson (1821 - 1885)

Contact:  Steven Lavey
Email:  leavysg@earthlink.net

----Source: The Neillsville Times, July 7, 1885.

LAST NAME: Young

FIRST NAME: Nelson

NEWSPAPER LOCATION: Neillsville, Wisconsin

STATE: Wisconsin

TRANSCRIBED TEXT:

N. H. Young, of York, made a fatal mistake last Thursday night in taking carbolic acid instead of whiskey. He had been to Loyal that day and brought home a bottle of whiskey which he put up in the house near a bottle of acid which had been there some time. He arose in the night, drank about four ounces of the acid at one swallow and lived about four minutes. He was a carpenter by trade and worked about a year in the city with G. W. Montgomery. He leaves a wife and several children.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE