Obit: Swanson, Anna M. (1889 - 1946)
Contact: Janet Rogalski
Surnames: SWANSON CHRISTIANSEN MATHEWSON BAUMAN SMITH
----Source: Stark Family Album
Swanson, Anna M. (19 JUN 1889 - 20 OCT 1946)
Funeral rites for Mrs. Peter J. Swanson were held Wednesday, Oct. 23 at 2 p.m. at the Griebenow Funeral Home. The Rev. L. Bundgaard of Withee officiated at the service. Mrs. Swanson was laid to rest at the Riverside Cemetery.
She passed away early Sunday morning of a heart attack at her home in the town of Hixon. For the past eight years she had been ill with diabetes.
Mrs. Peter Swanson, nee Anna Marie Christiansen, was born June 19, 1889, at Davenport, Iowa. After her marriage to Peter Swanson in 1911, they moved to Rock Island, Ill., where a daughter and a son were born. In 1922 they moved to a farm west of Withee, Clark County, Wis., where they have resided ever since.
She is survived by her husband and two children, Mrs. K. L. (Virginia) Mathewson of Owen, Elmer of Milwaukee, tw grandchildren, two sisters, Mrs. Herman Bumann of Dewitt, Iowa, Mrs. Ellen Smith of Davenport, Iowa, and three brothers, John, George and Claus of Davenport, Iowa, also many nieces and nephews.
The pallbearers at the funeral were Art Laine, Chris Paulsen, Henry Freitag, Howard Watson, Gus Petersen, and Hans Hansen. The flower girls were Helen Hansen, Lorraine Watson, Mrs. Mike Sorenson, Mrs. Grant Andersen, Mrs. Henry Freitag, Mrs. Celand Melbinger, Mrs. Shurleigh Grimes and Mrs. Ed Bergstrom.
Those attending the funeral from out of town were Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Swanson of Milwaukee, Mr. and Mrs. John Christiansen and Geo. Christiansen of Davenport, Iowa, Mrs. Herman Bumann of Dewitt, Iowa, Carl Swanson and sons Myron and Edward, and daughters, Kathryn and Mabel Jane of Buffalo, Iowa, and Alfred Swanson and sons Frederick and Archie of Moline, Ill.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs