BioM: Haas, Dorothy (Marriage - 1947)
Contact: Janet Rogalski
Surnames: HAAS BRUCHERT SCHLEUSNER
----Source: Stark Family Album
Haas, Dorothy (Marriage - 22 FEB 1947)
(Abbreviated Marriage Notice)
In a 4:30 p.m. candlelight service on Saturday afternoon, Miss Dorothy Haas, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Haas of Adell, and Leonard Bruchert, son of Mrs. Fred Bruchert, Withee, Clark County, Wis., exchanged wedding vows in Emmanuel Lutheran Church at Adell on Saturday, Feb. 22, 1947.
The double ring ceremony was read by the Rev. Paul Laabs of adell, formerly of Withee, before the altar decorated with vases of white gladiola, white carnations, stock and greens. Irene Borkenhagen of Adel sang "The Lord's Prayer," with Mrs. Elmer Weinhold of Waldo, an aunt of the bride, playing the accompaniment.
Miss Doris Schleusner of Milwaukee, friend of the bride, was maid of honor. Leon Bruchert, brother of the groom served as best man.
Relatives and friends were ushered to their places by Frank Haas, brother of the bride, Adell, and Bernard Bruchert, brother of the bridegroom, Milwaukee. Richard Haas, the bride's nephew, was chosen as ring bearer.
Dinner was served to 85 guests in the church parlors. Later the reception was held at the bride's parents, Mr. and Mrs. John Haas, Adell.
Mrs. Bruchert was employed as comptometer operator at Globe Union, Milwaukee.
Mr. Bruchert attended Withee High School and graduated with the class of 1938, then attended Spencerian Business College and Marquette University.
Those coming from out of the county for the marriage were Mr. and Mrs. Melvin Mayer, Mr. and Mrs. Bernard Bruchert, Miss Doris Zimmerman, Mr. and Mrs. E. Schleusner, Floyd Engebretson, Miss Helen Kasprzak, Mr. and Mrs. Jesse Weinhold, Mrs. Edna Haas, Miss Elvira Haas, Mr. and Mrs. Roy Ratzmann, Miss Adela Kitzmann, Milwaukee; Mrs. Fred Bruchert, Withee; Mrs. Otto Sachs, Mrs. George Stark and family, Greenwood; Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Buss and family, Clintonville; and Mr. and Mrs. Walter Rheingans and family, Rockfield.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs