Obit: Paulsen, Martina (1881 - 1946)
Transcriber: Janet Rogalski
Surnames: PAULSEN ERICKSEN NIELSEN JENSEN
----Source: Stark Family Album
Paulsen, Martina (5 FEB 1881 - 16 JAN 1946)
Mrs. Martina Paulsen succumbed to a lingering illness at the age of 64 years, 11 months and 11 days, at the Victory Hospital at Stanley, on Jan. 16, 1946.
Final rites were conducted for Mrs. Paulsen from the Danish Lutheran Church at Withee, Clark County, Wis., by the Rev. Bundgaard, on Sunday afternoon at 2:30 p.m. Jan. 20. Interment was made in the Parish Cemetery.
Pallbearers at the service were: Peter Swanson, Sig Sorensen, Hans Hansen, Peter Christopherson, Andrew Olson and Arnold Rasmussen.
Flower girls were: Leona and Betty Blunck, Helen Rasmussen, Emily and Shirley Sorensen, Lillian Olsen and Pearl and Alma Krarup.
Mrs. Martina Paulsen, nee Martina Ericksen, was born on the 5th of Feb. 1881 in Denmark.
As a young lady she moved to America with her parents. In 1901 at Chicago, Ill., she was united in marriage to Paul Paulsen, to which union six children were born.
Mr. and Mrs. Paulsen made their home in Chicago until 1908, at which time they moved to Withee, settling on a farm 1 1/2 miles west of the village.
Her husband and three children have preceded her in passing away. Mr. Paulsen in 1928 and the two children in infancy and a son Alfred, in 1931.
Among those to mourn her passing away are three sons, Christian, Hans and Martin; three brothers, Andrew Ericksen, of Askov, Minn., Eric of Wilton, Iowa, and Thorvald of Arnold, Neb.; two sisters, Mrs. Henry Nielsen of Wilton, Iowa and Mrs. Cecelia Jensen of Ersler, Denmark.
Among the out of town relatives that attended the funeral services were: Martin Nielsen, Chicago, Ill.; William Simone, Aurora, Ill.; Hans and Einer Ericksen, Wilton, Iowa; and Mr. and Mrs. Chris Larson of Thorp.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs