Obit: Williams, Lizzie M. (1861 - 1946)
Contact: Janet Rogalski
Surnames: WILLIAMS GOULD CUTTER
----Source: Stark Family Album
Williams, Lizzie M. (17 FEB 1861 - 24 FEB 1946)
Final rites were held at the Congregational Church of this city (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) at 2 o'clock Wednesday, Feb. 27, for Lizzie M. Gould Williams, 85, who passed away after a long illness of infirmities of old age at the Stanley Hospital Sunday afternoon, Feb. 24, 1946.
The last rites were read by Rev. Byron of Stanley, and interment was made in the Riverside Cemetery.
Pallbearers at the service were Arthur Wilson, Matt Williams, William Hilt, Dr. C. M. Torason, Carl Stenseth and Orville Thorson.
Lizzie M. Gould was born in DeSota, Vernon Co., Wis. on Feb. 17, 1861, the daughter of Joseph Gould and Sophia Cutter.
She was married to Dr. Theodore Francis Williams on Sept. 27, 1892, at Genoa, Wis. To this union was born one son, Elmer. They lived at Chelsea and Rib Lake, moving to Owen in 1905, where Dr. Williams practiced as a physician for many years, until his death in 1923.
She served as Clerk of the Congregational Church from 1907 to 1915 and from 1920 to 1924, a total of 30 years and was active in Sunday school and the Ladies Aid from the time she moved to Owen until her passing away.
She was a charter member of the Royal Neighbors, which was organized April 28, 1908, and was a Recorder for many years.
Her passing is mourned by her son Elmer of Eau Claire and several nephews and nieces, and many friends and neighbors she had won through her long acquaintanceship and acts of kindness in this community.
Those from away that attended the services were: Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Williams and daughter of Eau Claire, Mrs. Douglas Gould and daughter Jean of Evanston, Ill., and Mrs. Bert Williams and son Woodrow of Clintonville.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs