Obit: Larsen, Charles (1865 - 1948)
Contact: Janet Rogalski
Surnames: LARSEN HELZ PETERSEN ANDERSEN BEECHER AUTRY AIKON BRAWLEY
----Source: Stark Family Album
Larsen, Charles (12 MAR 1865 - 4 JAN 1948)
Mr. Charles Larsen was born in Bornholm March 12, 1865. Here he learned the blacksmith trade. At the age of twenty he came to America to the home of his sister and family at Mason City, Iowa. While there he worked for the railroad company. He spent a couple of years with his brother in Dakota, where he did blacksmith work. In 1894 he came to Withee, Clark County, Wis. and worked for the A. R. Owen Lumber Co. until 1902, when he went in business himself. For forty-three years he ran a blacksmith shop and a farm implement business. He retired three years ago when his health failed. He was the youngest of a family of five brothers and three sisters, all of whom have preceded him in death. Thirty years ago he was united in marriage to Marie Helz, and has resided in Withee since. He leaves to mourn, his wife and the following nieces and nephews: I. A. Petersen, Mrs. Bertha Anderson, Mrs. Christine Larson, Algernon Beecher, Laura Autry, Walter Beecher, Flora Aikon, Milton Beecher, Millie Brawley, and a host of friends.
He passed away Jan. 4, 1948 and was buried Jan. 7th from the Sacred Heart Catholic Church of Withee, and interred in the Riverside Cemetery. Services were conducted by Rev. Father Raymond Bornbach.
The pallbearers were John Zasoba, Fred Warns, Jr., Chris Christophersen, Melvin Erickson, Withee and W. P. Hilt of Owen, and Walter Beilfuss, Neillsville.
Mr. Larsen was for some years a member of the village council, also a trustee of the Withee bank, and a member of the Danish Brotherhood. He was an active member of the Sacred Heart Catholic Church and of the Holy Name Society and the Dolorosa Society.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs