Obit: Bestel, Eugene (1899 - 1947)

Contact:  Janet Rogalski

----Source: The Stark Family Scrapbook.

EUGENE BESTEL LAID TO REST MAY 4, 1947

Eugene J. Bestel, known to his many friends as Jim, died at his home in Milwaukee, May 1, 1947, suffering from a heart ailment which had jeopardized his life for the past year. Funeral services were conducted on Sunday, Mar. 4 from the Griebenow Funeral Parlors at Owen and burial was made in the family lot at Riverside Cemetery. Father Brockmann, of Abbotsford, officiated at the final rites.

Pallbearers were all close friends of the deceasced, John Greschner, Joe Warens, Lawrence Munson, Ted Gregory, Emil Niemi, and Lionel Thilbert. Flower girls were, Mesdames Adele Greschner, Etta Gregory, Ida Niemi, Scotch Copper, Ruth Krach and Martha Myers.

Eugene Bestel was born May 2, 1899, on a farm near Withee where he spent his early manhood, and was employed at the former Owen Box & Crating Company. About 25 years ago he left this community, going to Milwaukee where he had since made his home. For 19 years he was employed as a fireman with the Badger Auto Company, but since January 1st of this year had served as manager of the company, which is now known as the First Wisconsin Garage. He had many friends in this community who were saddened by his sudden death, as he frequently returned here for visits, since making his home in Milwaukee.

Surviving him are a son Eugene, Jr.; two daughters, Jacqueline and Beatrice, one sister, Mrs. (Ann) Wm. Subrecht, of Milwaukee, and three brothers, Perry and Theodore of Milwaukee and Hiram of Withee.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE