Bio: Guetchow, John's House Fire (1911)

Contact:  Audrey Roedl
Email:  audero@charter.net

----Source: Loyal Tribune - 14 September 1911

The chimney of John Guetchow’s house in the town of Sherman was struck by lightning Monday afternoon. The clothes of his daughter Ida were completely burned and if the fire had not been discovered there is no doubt but what the building would have been consumed by the flames. The damage was not very great and covered by insurance.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE