George H. (1918 - 1990)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Edwards, Rohloff, Gulso, Hennlich, Maxam, Pickreign, Molle, Hardrath
----Sources: Scrap book one: by Elsa Lange Hardrath & Dorthaleen Edwards Hardrath
Contributed by Halbert "Bud" Hardrath
Edwards, George H. (31 July 1918 - 2 June 1990)
A Tribute published in the pages of The News Herald Marshfield, Wisc. June 2, 1990
Memorial Obituary - Entered Into Eternal Rest - Saturday, June 2, 1990
George H. Edwards, 71, Stetsonville, died at 4:15 a.m. today at St. Joseph’s Hospital Hospice Unit, Marshfield, where he had been a patient for the past week and a half.
Memorial services will be at 11 a.m. Monday at United Methodist Church, Medford, with the Rev. Stephen Rohloff officiating.
Cremainal interment will be in Dorchester Memorial Cemetery, Dorchester, Wis.
Visitation will be from 4-9 p.m. Sunday at Hemer Funeral Home, Medford.
Mr. Edwards was born July 31, 1918, in Mount Polaksi, Ill., to Elmer and Lulu (Gulso) Edwards. He was educated at Atwood School in Curtiss and married Jean Hennlich April 15, 1944, in Curtiss, Wis. She survives and lived in Stetsonville.
He was a World War II veteran. He farmed in the town of Green Grove, Clark County, for a number of years and also worked for Medford Creamery for a number of years. Most recently he worked for Consoladated Badgar Creamery, Marshfield, until retiring in 1981.
He was a member of United Methodist Church, Medford, and the Boxrucker-Berry American Legion Post 519 Stetsonville.
Survivors include three daughters, George Edwards of Wauwatosa, Judy Maxam of Wisconsin Rapids, Jill Pickreign of Dorchester; a son, Gaylin of Janesville; three sisters, Louella Molle of Unity, Mary Hardrath of Spencer and Dorthaleen Hardrath of Owen; two brothers, Hershel of Stevens Point and Louis of Flanigan, Ill.; seven grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
He was predeceased by two grandsons; an infant sister and his parents.
**This obituary is transcribed the way it in the original write up; there may be errors.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs