Contact: Audrey Roedel
Surnames: DYER STUTTE MASHAK
----Sources: The Loyal Tribune 15 June 1933
Dyer, Florence (12 JUN 1933)
At St. Anthony’s Church, Loyal, a very pretty wedding was solemnized Monday morning, June 12th, at 9:00 o’clock, when Miss Florence Dyer, the daughter of Mrs., Elaine Dyer of Greenwood, became the bride of Hugo F. Stutte, son of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Stutte of Loyal, the Rev. Father A. Aurit officiating.
Old fashioned garden flowers and tall white candles graced either side of the high altar and tall baskets of white blossoms and green, were stationed at the altar gates.
The bride wore an ankle length gown of blossom pink taffeta, and small white turban with circular nose veil. Her flowers were pink briar cliff and white killarney roses.
In the bridal party were the bridesmaids, Miss Hilda Stutte of Loyal and Miss Laura Stutte of Wausau, the groom’s sisters, and the best man, brother of the bride, Kenneth Dyer of Greenwood, and Clarence Mashak of Cashton, who served as groomsman.
Miss Hilda Stutte, wore a gown of nile green taffeta, and Miss Laura Stutte wore a gown of pale peach crepe. Both bridesmaids wore white wide brimmed crepe hats, and carried arm bouquets of snapdragons and peonies.
Mrs. Alfred Haas played the nuptial music and Miss Leone Hubing, of Athens, cousin of the groom, sang the "Ave Maria" at the offertory.
Following the ceremony, a wedding breakfast and reception for relatives was given at the home of Mr. and Mrs. A. G. Drake of Loyal, the latter a sister of the bride.
Garden flowers decorated the bride’s table and bowls of garden flowers also decorated the living room.
Mr. and Mrs. Stutte left later in the day on a motor trip to The Century of Progress at Chicago and to Racine and on their return will be at home to friends after July 1st, on the groom’s farm, south of Loyal. For traveling, the bride wore a light blue wool suit, and gray hat and accessories to match.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.