Frederick (1835 - 1895)
Surnames: GRAMBORT LULLOFF BAHN ROTH
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 07/25/1895
Grambort, Frederick (8 AUG 1835 - 23 JUL 1895)
Died, at his home in the town of Colby, Clark Co., Wis., on Tuesday, July 23rd, 1895, of a complication of troubles, Frederick Grambort, in the 60th year of his age.
Mr. Grambort was born in Hanover, Germany, Aug. 8th, 1835. He came to America in 1848 and settled in Howard’s Grove, Sheboygan Co., Wis., where, on June 2nd, 1853, he was united in marriage with Miss Dorothy Lulloff, who survives him; he enlisted Sept. 30th, 1861, in the Second Wis. battery, and served faithfully for three years; he became a member of L. N. Earl Post, G. A. R., in 1884; April 8th, 1876, he came to Colby and settled on the farm on which he died. He was the father of 8 children, 3 sons and 5 daughters, 1 son and 5 daughters still living, Fred Grambort at home, Mrs. Aug. Lulloff, Green Grove, Mrs. Gust Bahn, Chicago, Mrs. Fred Roth, Colby, Misses Gusta, Chicago, and Bertha, at home.
Mr. Grambort was a man of sterling integrity and sturdy honesty; somewhat set in his way, so much so that when he convinced himself that a certain line was right no amount of argument could swerve him from that line, yet not so stubborn but what he would listen to the argument of others. He has held several offices of trust in his town, was chairman of the town a couple of years, served as assessor, and, for the past two years, has held the office of treasurer. He was not a man to make many friends but know the value of them he did make; he would stick to a friend warmly. He was a good man, respected by all who knew him.
The funeral will occur tomorrow afternoon, at two o’clock, from the house, conducted by Rev. C. C. Hartenstein, and the interment will be in Green Grove Cemetery.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs