Christofferson, Henry H. (1875 - 1953)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Christofferson, Christenson
----Sources: Scrap book two: by Erna Schenk Price, contributed by Halbert "Bud" Hardrath
Christofferson, Henry H. (27 March 1875 - 1953)
Colby - Dr. Henry H. Christofferson, 79, who practiced medicine in Clark County for nearly half a century and recently served as president of the State Medical Society, was found dead in his home here at about 3 p.m. Wednesday.
He had been in poor health for about two years but had continued to live alone in his home. He was a widower.
Funeral services, with Masonic rites, will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday afternoon at the Lulloff Funeral Home and burial will be made in the Colby Cemetery.
Dr. Christofferson was born March 27, 1875, at Lynn Center, Waupaca County, where he attended grade and high schools. He received his medical training at Marion Sims Beaumont College of Medicine at St. Louis, Mo., before coming to this area in 1902, when he set up an office at Loyal. In 1911 he moved to Colby, where he practiced until his retirement in 1946.
On July 26, 1899, he was married to Fredricka Christenson at Waupaca. She died April 28, 1952
He was associated with the Colby Medical Society and the Wisconsin State Medical Society, of which he was president in 1950 and 1951. He had been a member of the medical examiners board of the society since 1937, having been appointed and reappointed by four Wisconsin governors.
In addition to his state society affiliations, he was a member of the American Medical Association and its committee for evaluation of foreign schools, and was also a member of the state committee on mental hygiene and institutional care.
Also prominent as a banker and businessman, he was president of the Citizens State Bank at Loyal at the time of his death and director of the Colby State Bank and the Curtiss State Bank. He established and was president of the H. H. Motor Co. in Colby, was part owner of the Clark County Telephone County, built the present telephone building in the city of Colby, was a stockholder and director of the Central Canning Company, and served many years as director of the Colby, Wis. High School Board of Education.
Since the establishment of the Clark County Hospital at Owen in 19?? *****rest of the article is cut off ****
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs